STAT 540 - Fall 2020
Welcome to STAT 540, Introduction to Statistical Computing. This page contains
updates to the course syllabus, computer notes from class,
homework assignments and important notices.
Send any questions to
- 2020 Syllabus
- Uploading assignments in Blackboard
- Base SAS Certification app
- SAS code and notes
- SAS documentation
- Chapter 1 code
- Chapter 2 code
- Chapter 3 code
- SAS code to manipulate character data.
- SAS code to demonstrate a simple IF statement, subsetting IF, and formatted PRINT.
- SAS code with a complicated IF-ELSE example.
- SAS code to demonstrate a subsetting IF.
- SAS code to experiment with DATE functions.
- David Hitchcock's SAS code demonstrating the use of the RETAIN statement using earthquake data.
- SAS code using SET and OUTPUT to stack records in a SAS data set.
- SAS code with an ARRAY example.
- SAS code to refer to a range of "unlike" input variables.
- SAS code demonstrating variable order for a simple data set.
- Chapter 4 code
- SAS code to demonstrate Chapter 4 commands (TITLE, WHERE, LABEL, PROC PRINT)
- SAS code and SAS data set for a PROC SORT example.
- SAS code and comma-delimited text file demonstrating the use of the NODUPKEY option in PROC SORT.
- SAS code to demonstrate PROC MEANS and OUTPUT statement using Southeast COVID SAS data set
- SAS code with a PROC SORT example that cleans up a PROC MEANS output file in preparation for a many-to-one merge.
- SAS code to demonstrate sorting options with character variables.
- SAS code to hold a data line and print formatted labels in PROC FREQ.
- SAS code to group data with PROC FORMAT prior to a call to PROC FREQ.
- Simplified version of Don Edwards' SAS code and data set for straightforward PROC TABULATE call to motivate interest in PROC TABULATE projects.
- Chapter 6 code
- SAS code for some simple set and merge commands.
- SAS code for a typical match-merge.
- SAS code for a match-merge with multiple input data sets.
- SAS code for a one-to-many match-merge.
- STAT 706 example SAS code and Excel data for several one-to-many match-merges. The Excel file may be read into WORK as SAS data set SPLITCOV.
- SAS code demonstrating the IN= option in MERGE statements.
- SAS code and SAS data set to generate multiple data sets with the OUTPUT statement.
- PROC TRANSPOSE SAS code using visual acuity data.
- SAS code to re-create the transposed data with another PROC TRANSPOSE.
- SAS code using Lidar data set to demonstrate use of FIRST.variable and LAST.variable when using BY groups.
- Chapter 5 code
- Chapter 7 code
- SAS code for a couple demonstrations of the %LET command .
- SAS code demonstrating the use of %INCLUDE.
- SAS code demonstrating calculation of sampling probabilities from traffic intensity (upurban.csv) data.
- SAS code demonstrating a regression macro.
- SAS code demonstrating CALL SYMPUTX and a non-macro language alternative.
- SAS code demonstrating CALL SYMPUTX and %IF statements. Trial data sets with one , two and four groups.
- SAS code demonstrating CALL SYMPUTX to simplify the sampling probabilities macro.
- SAS code and Excel spreadsheet to demonstrate templates and ODS Graphics.
- SAS code to edit template definitions.
- Chapter 8 code
- Chapter 10 and Supplemental SAS code
- R code and notes
- Data sets and other code
- Test 1
- Test 2
- Final Exam
- Project information
Return to Department of Statistics Home Page